Article 1. Meeting Format
|Movie Selection and Role Assignment
|Vice President and President
|Old or Other Business
Article 2. Movie Selection
- During a closed-door meeting of the club officers, we each bring up movies to ascertain who in the group hasn’t seen them.
- Those movies are compiled into a list.
- We each choose two movies we personally suggested from the list.
- The Wheel of Moviedom© is loaded up with the names of the officers.
- The Wheel of Moviedom© is spun by the current Vice President.
- The officer whose name it lands on chooses the movie we’ll watch and discuss at the next meeting.
Special Presidential Exclusion
- Should the spin land on a movie chosen by the current President, the wheel must be re-spun to ensure no member is ever President for two consecutive months.
Article 3. Officer Titles and Responsibilities
- Lead the discussion and present basic information on the movie
- Determine the rating system for the movie in the format “On a scale of 1 to 5…”
- Determine the means of assigning the other three Officer roles and put that means into use
- Maintain discipline and keep the session on focus via the awesome power of THE GAVEL
- Convey any NEW BUSINESS, typically programming announcements or news
- Prep and spin the movie wheel
- Be far less powerful than the President due to an unfortunate Vice
- Provide the TREASURER’S REPORT, typically about current sponsors or ways to support the podcast
- Report an (entirely made up) amount of assets the club has in the bank/available
- Always vote NAY, because that’s just part of the job
- Be basically useless until we get a sponsor or start a Patreon or something
- Lead ROLL CALL at the beginning of each meeting and remind everyone of roles assigned during the previous session
- Convey any OLD OR OTHER BUSINESS. For example, any messages/comments received about the previous show or any corrections we need to make.
Article 4. Club Standards
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- We, the leadership of the Missing Movie Club, believe people of every nation, race/ethnicity, belief, gender, sexual identity, disability, and culture deserve to be respected and valued.
- Movies we watch and discuss during meetings of the Missing Movie Club may from time to time include offensive or problematic content including negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures, racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism, ableism, religious prejudice, or other troublesome content. These were wrong when these movies were filmed and are still wrong now. It is our intent to point out such content when we find it in the movies we watch together, and to discuss it whenever we feel we can add any sort of meaningful commentary on its inclusion.